These conditions set out the Challenge Northumberland terms and conditions (referred to as the event terms and conditions) and shall apply to all quotations, offers, orders and contracts for the provision by us of an event. All other terms and conditions of the customer are hereby excluded.
In these terms and conditions, and the contract which incorporates them, the following words have the following meanings:
- “Contract Documents” mean (1) these Terms and Conditions; (2) General Disclaimer; (3) the Online Registration Form
- “Event” means the event which you have selected to enter as specified in the Online Registration Form
- “Event Participants” means the person completing the Online Registration Form
- “Fees” means the fee payable per Event Participant for participation in the Event and the provision of the services
- “General Form of Disclaimer” means the form of disclaimer concerning participation in the Event which must be completed prior to the submission of the Online Registration Form
- “Group Booking” means a booking by a Lead Party for at least four individuals who wish to participate in the Event
- “Group” means all of the individuals specified in the Group Booking
- “Lead Party” means the first named person on the Online Registration Form who must be at least eighteen years of age (18) who has authority to complete the Online Registration Form on behalf of the named individuals on the Online Registration Form and who is responsible for passing on any additional information to the persons on whose behalf the order is made
- “Order” means your order for the provision of the services by the completion of the Online Registration Form
- “Our”, “We”, “Us” means Challenge Northumberland
- “Race Pack” means the pack which is given upon registration at the event
- “Safety Brief” means the mandatory safety briefing session held by us on the date of the event prior to the start of the event
- “Service” means the provision of the event that you have selected and completed in the Online Registration Form
- “You”, “Your” means the person completing the Online Registration Form and participating in the event, and in the case of a group booking, means all the individuals who have been registered on the Online Registration Form
- “Website” means our website setting out details of our services and the Online Registration Form, at https://challengenorthumberlandentry.co.uk
We agree to supply to you and you agree to purchase the service specified in the contract documents.
Initial Steps in Contract Formation
- You shall read these Terms and Conditions, the General Form Disclosure, and then shall proceed to the booking procedure pages following completion of the Online Registration Form.
The Lead Party agrees that by completing the Online Registration Form and submitting an order that:
- They have read these Terms and Conditions and have the authority to be bound by them on his/her on behalf and on behalf of all the individuals named if the group booking.
- They are over eighteen years of age and when placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that they and all members of the group are of the appropriate age to participate in the event for which they have been registered.
By completing the Online Registration Form, the lead party warrants that they have the authority to accept and be bound by the Terms and Conditions on their own behalf and on behalf of the group. The lead party shall indemnify and keep us indemnified against all and any liability, losses, claims which we may suffer or incur as a result of a breach of this warranty.
Prices and Payment
Except to the alternative payment terms are stated in the Contract Documents, the following terms shall apply:
The fees payable for the service that you order is as set out on our website. Payment shall be by credit/debit card, the details of which you shall provide on the Online Registration Form. For further details on how your credit/debit card is protected refer to the clause below. Payment shall be in pounds sterling.
Included within the cost of registration.
Protection of Credit/Debit Card
During the order process, you will be directed to our secure internet payment gateway for processing using its electronic data processing scheme. Our payment provider (Stripe) has its own security measures in place to protect this information. Your bank details will not be kept by us.
Except to the alternative cancellation rights are started in the Contract Documents, the following terms shall apply:
Your Right to Terminate the Contract
You may cancel your Contract with us for the service by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consequences of Termination
If you exercise your right to cancel the contract, we regret that we will not be able to defer your event or offer you a refund.
Our Right to Terminate the Contract
We reserve the right to terminate the Contract with you without liability, in the following circumstances:
- If you fail to attend the Safety Brief and do not display your race number.
- If in our opinion you are under the influence of any intoxicating substances which in our sole discretion we consider would put you and other event participants at risk.
- If in our opinion we consider that following your attendance at the Safety Brief, you are not capable of participating in the event.
- If having agreed and accepted the General Form Disclaimer on our website you do not sign the hard copy at the event itself.
- If you are pregnant, suffering from an illness or medical condition which you did not disclose at the time of registration for the event
Events Beyond our Reasonable Control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure, other than that specified in the clause below, to carry out the service you have ordered or for any delay in so doing due to any circumstances which is beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, severe adverse weather conditions, floods, fires explosions, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access.
Consequences of Cancellation due to Events beyond our Reasonable Control
In the Event that we cancel the Contract due to events beyond our reasonable control, you shall have the following:
Option One – Deferred entry to the same event the following year, at no additional cost providing that you retain your race number. In the event that you require an additional race pack there will be an additional cost of £20.
Option Two – In the event that you do not wish to defer your entry, we will offer you a refund of the fees you have paid less an administration fee of £20 which covers our committed cost to third parties.
We shall have no further liability to you.
Payment of Refund
Once you have notified us that you wish to have a refund, the sum debited to us from your credit/debit card, less the £20 Administration fee will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within sixty (60) days of you notifying us that you require a refund
Provision of the Service
We shall deliver the service with reasonable care and skill and use our reasonable endeavours to deliver the services in accordance with the specification set out on our website
Health and Safety
We shall provide a Safety Brief on the day of the event prior to its start, and shall provide an overview of the course and advice on how to complete the course safely. Our events are staffed with appropriately experienced and skilled marshals who are positioned around the course to oversee your safety whilst participating in the event.
Completion of the Online Registration Form
You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that you provide on the Online Registration Form and it is your responsibility to contact us either by email or telephone to provide us with necessary amendments.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive at the event in time to register and attend the Safety Brief prior to the start of the event. We shall have no liability to you should you fail to arrive in time, and shall not be obliged to offer any refund in such circumstances.
Compliance with Age and Fitness Requirements
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are compliant with any age/height/ weight restrictions that may apply to an event. If you do not meet these requirements you will not be entitled to participate in the event.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any medical condition or illness which may affect your ability to participate In the event. In case of serious medical condition we may in our sole discretion require a letter or medical certificate from your health professional confirming that in their reasonable opinion you are able to take part in the event. You agree that any failure to inform us of any medical condition or illness will entitle us to refuse to let you participate in the event and terminate the contract without liability.
Compliance with Instructions
You shall comply with all reasonable instructions of our staff and marshals concerning the event and your participation in it, and you agree and acknowledge that failure to attend the Safety Briefing and not wear your race number shall entitle us to prevent you from participating in the event, and we shall have no obligation to offer you any refund in such circumstances.
It shall be your responsibility to ensure that you wear sensible clothing having regard to the event and the weather conditions which may occur from time to time, and we shall have the right to prevent you from participating in the event due to popular clothing.
Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
Liability Excluded and Limited
In the Contract, references to our “liability” shall be to: our liability to you under or for breach of the Contract; our liability to you for or in respect of tort negligence, breach of statutory duty, liability imposed by statue, strict liability, accidental or negligent misrepresentation; and any other liability we may have to you whatsoever arising under, in conjunction with or in the course of the contract.
Liability Not Limited
We do not limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Excluded Types of Loss
Subject to the Condition headed “Liability Not Limited”, we shall have no liability to you for: loss of revenue, bargain, profit, anticipated savings, contract, business, expectation, use, production, or goodwill; any special indirect or consequential losses; your liability to any third party.
By participating in the event you acknowledge that there are risks to your safety and that you participate at your own risk. You must accept the terms of the General Form Disclaimer on our website before you can submit your order and on arrival you must sign the hard copy of the General Form of Disclaimer.
You agree and give consent to taking of photographs of Event Participants and consent to the reproduction exhibition, review and exploitation, publication and transmission of any photographs.
Entire agreement: These conditions and other Contract Documents constitute the entire agreement between you and us.
Assignment: You must not assign or transfer the Contact without our prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld.
Sub-contracting: We may sub-contract our obligations under the Contract.
Third Parties: The contract shall not confer any benefit on any third party or be enforceable by any third party.
Invalid Terms: Each of the terms of the contact is separate and severable. If any term is held to be void or invalid by any court, it shall be severed, and the remaining terms shall continue in full force.
Law: The Contract shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
These terms and conditions are in addition to our general terms and conditions which can be found above. By completing your purchase you agree to these terms. Please show these terms and conditions to every member of your group/family before placing a booking.
By booking and attending an event, each of the attendees in your family/group confirms the following:
- You are only attending with members of your immediate household or member of your “bubble” as stipulated by the government.
- All attendees that are 11 years-old and over must wear a face mask whilst attending the event site.
- No member of your group, or yourself, has suffered from any of the following symptoms in the past 14 days: a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your taste or smell.
- You confirm that you have not been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
- You confirm you have not had contact with anyone in the past 14 days who has been asked to quarantine.
- You must wash your hands, or use the hand gel provided upon arriving at the event site, before entering the event area, and on leaving the event area.
- You will maintain 2 meter distance from our staff at all time.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, you will use a tissue, which will be immediately disposed of, and you shall disinfect your hands immediately.
- You are adhering to social distancing in your daily life, maintaining a two meter distance (one meter plus where possible) from others, as to protect the lives of our attendees and staff.
- We may take your temperature to assess health using infrared thermometers. By attending, you agree to this taking place. If you refuse to have your temperature checked, or register a temperature indicating, you may be refused entry to the attraction.
- You must contact Challenge Northumberland Ltd if you or any of your group/family test positive or COVID-19 or develop COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of visiting Challenge Northumberland Ltd.
All of these terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
Last updated: March 2021